Bridge instead of implant
Usually implants are promoted over bridges it seems.
(Googling this info. Check out mynewsmile.com)
- False tooth with metal wings that are bonded on to the adjacent teeth. The adjacent teeth will appear darker
with the wing behind.
- Adjacent teeth have to be ground down, have crowns
- Food can get stuck underneath, have to floss under bridge
- Stress on adjacent teeth
- More esthetic than the Maryland bridge, but not as solid. You have to put grooves into adjacent teeth, risking
(Developed by master cermist Uri Yarovesky of Opus One Laboratories, CA.
Zirconia Maryland Bridge
- More esthetic than the Maryland, stronger than the Encore. Zirconia is strong ceramic with optical properties.
- Need skilled prosthodontist.
Ovate Pontic Technique